Divide total grade points by the total quality credits.
Example: 35.2 divided by 13.0 credits = 2.71 GPA
- P (Pass) courses are not factored in the student's GPA
- I (Incompletes) and W (Withdrawls) do not receive grade points and do not have an effect on the GPA
- UW (Unofficial Withdrawals) are calculated into the GPA as a failing grade value (0.0)
- T (Temporary) grades do not factor into the student's GPA
- NR (Not Reported) grades do not factor into the student's GPA
How to calculate your Major Grade Point Average(GPA)
Separate out your major classes on your transcript and add them to the GPA calculator the same as for your total GPA. You will come up with major grade points and major credits which will equal a major GPA.
GPA Disclaimer: This GPA calculator is not an official representation of your BYU-Idaho GPA. To view your official GPA, go to your unofficial transcript on your student account.
This GPA calculator does not take into account academic retake or renewal policies.