Benefits for Retirees
University Benefits for Retirees of BYU-Idaho
1. Bookstore Discount: The University Store (Bookstore) continues to offer a 10% discount on all purchases (excluding certain items such as scriptures, textbooks, and computer software).
2. Cell Phone: You may keep your cell phone plan through the University. A billing statement will be mailed to your home on a monthly basis.
3. Email: If you wish to delete your BYU-Idaho email account, please make this request through Information Technology (496-7000). The email account can be accessed via the internet at http://outlook.office365.com/. You will need to enter your username and include @byui.edu (e.g. email@example.com) and use your regular password.
4. I-Card: The BYU-Idaho ID card allows you to charge purchases made at the University Store (Bookstore) or Food Services to your personal account. Discount tickets to campus events, access to the Hart Fitness Center, and library privileges are also available by using your I-Card. (Please exchange your "employee" card for a "retiree" card at the ID Center (MC 160).
5. Parking Permit: A parking permit allows you to park in campus parking.
6. Personal Account: You may continue to have charges made to your personal account. To access and make payments to your account login with your BYU-I username and password here https://commerce.cashnet.com/byuipay?LT=P&authmethod=CAS. The Accounting Office will send a monthly statement to your home (which includes cell phone charges).
7. Tuition Waiver: You and your immediate family members are eligible to receive tuition waiver benefits. This benefit covers all credit classes offered through BYU-Idaho and certain non-credit classes. Class fees are not covered. Your children are also eligible for the tuition waiver, up to 76 credits or age 30, whichever comes first.