For a PDF Screen Reader download: Adobe Reader.
Idaho Work Study is a state-funded employer reimbursement program designed to encourage Idaho employers to hire Idaho resident students in jobs related to their course of study. Coordinated through BYU-Idaho, the Idaho Work Study Program is available to Idaho resident students with off campus employment related to their field of study. Employers and students jointly apply for the program. If both meet eligibility requirements, employers may be eligible to receive reimbursement for a portion (minimum of $3 per-hour with up to 50%) of the approved student's wages.
Benefits of the Idaho Work Study Program:
- Reimbursement from the State of Idaho to reimburse a portion of the qualifying student's wages
- The opportunity to help train the workforce of tomorrow with real employment experience while bolstering the local economy by hiring students with ties to the state of Idaho
- Enjoy employing students with current academic experience and the latest technological advances related to your industry
- Be a current BYU-Idaho student enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Have Idaho state residency at least 6 months prior to enrollment at BYU-Idaho
- Have employment that is directly related to the student’s field of study
- Be working 20 hours per week or less
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
In order to be considered an Idaho resident, you must be one of the following:
- A graduate of an accredited high school in the State of Idaho
- A dependent whose parent or guardian qualifies as an Idaho State resident
- A spouse of a person who is an Idaho State resident
If you do not qualify as listed above, you may be an Idaho resident based on other criteria found in Title 33 Section 33-3717B.Student Residency Application Form
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply for the Idaho Work Study program, please complete each of the forms listed below and submit them to the Student Financial Aid Office.
- Student Residency Application Form
- Student IWS Application Form
- Student IWS Policies and Procedures Form
- Student Job Description and Position Information Form
- Employer Policies and Procedures Form
Submit all 5 forms via fax (208.496.5795), email (email@example.com), or in person to Kimball Building suite 100.
Once your application has been received, you will receive notification within 1-3 weeks.