BYU-Idaho Internship Grant funds are used to assist students with expenses related to their internship. Higher consideration is typically given to students traveling outside of the local Rexburg area and this grant is not meant to cover all a student’s internship expenses.
Studentmust be registered for a program applicable (required for graduation) internship before the 23rd day of the semester Studentmust be admitted as a campus student
- Student’s internship must be at least 20 hours a week
- Student’s internship should be unpaid (Exceptions can be made for
studentwith paidinternship in high-cost areas)
- Students living with their parents are not usually considered for this grant
- Students are usually enrolled in less than 6 program applicable credits and are therefore ineligible for loans
Studentmust be meeting the university’s satisfactory academic progress standards
- Student teaching does not qualify as an internship
- Award amounts may vary depending on financial need and internship location.
- Awarded for the single semester of the enrolled internship
- The grant will typically not disburse until the first week of the semester. For applications submitted after the start of the semester, the grant, once awarded, typically disburses within 2 weeks.
- No grant funds will disburse to a student before the start of the semester to assist students traveling to their internship.
- Students must complete the “Thank You Letter” posted on their student portal before funds will disburse
- Grants may be prorated in a student’s final semester at BYU-Idaho when graduating with a 4-year degree. Request for a proration here.
Studentmust complete the online Internship Grant Request form
- Once the request form has been submitted and processed, the Internship Grant Application document will be added to the student’s financial aid portal for the student to complete and upload.