EDUCATION WEEK AT BYU-IDAHO
What is Education Week?
Education Week is a three-day, campus-wide conference that gives individuals and families an opportunity to gather with others and be strengthened as part of their lifelong learning. Inspiring teachers lead classes on topics from ancient scripture to preparedness and Church doctrine to self-improvement. The dates for 2019 will be Thursday, August 1 through Saturday, August 3. Registration will open in mid-March.The BYU-Idaho Learning Model can enhance this experience. For one affordable fee, participants of all ages may also enjoy daily devotionals and a wide variety of activities, including ropes courses, swimming, a Planetarium show, a dance, and much more.
Tickets will not be mailed to you. You will need to pick up your tickets beginning 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, July 31, in the Manwaring Center main foyer OR Thursday, August 1, beginning at 8 a.m. at the same location.
View Upward's infographic for a fun overview of the many benefits of attending Education Week.
You may visit our Education Week Archive for a glimpse of previous year's conferences.
What kind of activities take place during Education Week?
In addition to the classes offered at Education Week, there are a variety of activities for the whole family. Some of those activities include a family dance, devotionals, alumni events, and an exciting concert, among other things.
Email any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BYU-Idaho Education Week
Frequently asked questions:
- Q: What is the Education Week dress standard?
A: Classroom attire is the appropriate dress standard for all Education Week activities. Participants are encouraged to follow the BYU-Idaho dress standards as they attend Education Week.
- Q: Can I record Education Week classes for future reference or use?
A: BYU-Idaho policy doesn't permit recording (audio, video, etc.) of classes or events by either participants or instructors.
- Q: If we purchased one individual pass, can my spouse, child, or friend and I alternate coming to classes and events as long as we are not there at the same time?
A: Individual passes are not transferable to others and cannot be shared.
- Q: Can I receive a refund of my Education Week pass?
A: Refunds will be issued if a refund request is made prior to the event. Refunds requests may be submitted by emailing email@example.com or calling (208) 496-2700.
- Q: Do I have to register for specific classes I want to attend at Education Week?
A: Reservations are not taken for individual classes; but seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Q: Do I need tickets to attend Education Week activities?
A: It depends on the activity. Tickets should be purchased in advance for the concert (see instructions in confirmation). Tickets for activities such as ropes course, planetarium shows, and garden tours are complimenatry and will be available at checkin on a first-come, first-served basis. Other activities such as devotionals, bowling, swimming and fitness, and the dance do not require tickets. (See web site or printed brochure for more details).
- Q: Where can I go for more information or assistance during Education Week?
A: Education Week headquarters will be in the main lobby of the Manwaring Center (second floor adjacent to The Crossroads and Information Desk). Education Week staff will be available from Wednesday, August 1, from 3 p.m.-9 p.m.; Thursday and Friday, August 2 and 3, from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; and Saturday, August 4, from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
What additional activities are available in the Rexburg Area?
- Porter Park (carousel, free spray park, tennis, playground, shade)
- Paramount Theatre (including Teton Vu Drive-in Movies)
- Fat Cats for movies, bowling, games
- Romance Theatre
- Legacy Flight Museum
- Museum of Rexburg
- Madison Library
- Cable Factory Wake Park
- Yellowstone Bear World
- Jefferson County Lake (Rigby Lake)
- Squealers Fun Park in Rigby
- Farnsworth TV and Pioneer Museum in Rigby, Idaho
- World-famous sand dunes in St. Anthony
- Idaho Potato Museum in Blackfoot
- Teton Geotourism Center in Driggs, Idaho
- Rexburg Standard Journal’s Calendar of Events for August 2-4
- “Things to do in Rexburg”
- Rexburg Fun