Department of Business Management
The mission of the Business Management Department is to create a learning environment for students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to make an immediate contribution in the workplace and to rapidly grow into leadership positions in their organizations. We do this by partnering with industry and nonprofit organizations to provide mentoring, seminars, consulting projects, and internships to provide opportunities for students to apply what they have learned and are learning via case study and classroom discussion.
Graduating students will emerge with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, technological and global literacy, and key communication and problem-solving skills.
Central Aims - Students who successfully complete the degree will:
1. Demonstrate effective leadership in a variety of settings.
2. Apply principles of innovation in business contexts.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in developing and using spreadsheets to conduct business analysis.
4. Effectively read and understand financial statements to make business decisions that improve the "health" of an organization.
5. Demonstrate professional writing skills in business contexts.
6. Gain critical competencies in finance, marketing, supply chain management, or entrepreneurship management.
7. Show integrity in professional and personal settings.
Business Faculty at BYU-Idaho have something to share - watch it!
IBC provides an opportunity for real-word application of principles. What is the IBC? What do students do in the IBC? Find out what they have to say on YouTube.