Complete an Internship Evaluation
University Policy requires every intern to complete an evaluation, in addition to anything your department requires.
How to Complete Your Evaluation
- You should receive an email reminder when it is time to complete the evaluation.
- Evaluations are completed in Career Navigator. Once logged in, click on "internships" in the Quick Links menu. Your internship should be listed, click on the "edit" button. Look for the "self-evaluation" tab at the top of the experience.
- Evaluations open two weeks before the end date of your experience.
- If your evaluation is not open, and you believe it should be, click the "edit" button and determine if the end date you originally listed is correct.
- If the end date of your experience is correct - is it within two weeks? If not, then you'll need to wait until it opens.
- If the end date of your experience is incorrect or has changed, you'll need to contact our office to let us know - we can correct the date so you can complete your evaluation.
- If your internship extends beyond the end of the semester, all evaluations should open two-weeks before the end of the semester in order for your faculty to issue you a grade. Some faculty may choose to issue a "T" grade, which will be replaced by your "real" grade when you've completed your experience.
How Your Supervisor Completes Their Evaluation
- Your supervisor should receive an email reminder as noted above.
- Employer evaluations are also completed in Career Navigator.
- Instructions for logging in are included in their email reminder, and on this page.
- If employers have difficulty logging in, they should contact our office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (208) 496-9827.
- If you have changed supervisors, or want to verify the name you submitted, click the "edit" button for your internship to see who is listed. Only the supervisor listed can complete the evaluation.
- If your supervisor has changed or is not correct, you should contact our office as soon as possible to ensure we receive the corrected information.